important insurances company
You will be part of the Compliance department and will report to the Data Protection Officer.
You will help overseeing the compliance of the company with the GDPR to protect the privacy of the individuals from which the personal data is processed. This role is mainly a monitoring, awareness and advisory role.
You will support the DPO in the day-to-day data protection related obligations and related activities such as:
- Support the process owners in keeping the Register of Processing Activities (RoPA) up-to-date and make sure that the defined actions and recommendations to further reduce the risks are followed-up and implemented with the respective Process Owners;
- Advise in data privacy related projects, and where required, support the conduct of DPIAs (Data Protection impact Assessments),
- Support in key data privacy related tasks such as handling individual’s requests related to personal data or assessing or investigating personal data breaches,
- Assist in maintaining an ongoing risk assessment program targeting privacy matters; – keep an overview on the Privacy Risk list and propose prioritization according to the associated risk,
- Conducting the education, training and awareness program for employees and other authorized users,
- Overview whether Data Protection Agreements (DPA’s) are duly signed with third parties and that the defined periodic audits are done by the business,
- Further establish a Data Privacy Organization through the network of Business Risk Officers (BRO’s) and liaise with other departments such as legal, ISO (Information Security Office), risk management and transformation office to make sure that the privacy related matters and processes are understood, followed up and aligned with other company requirements, policies and rules, and adequately balanced with business requirements,
- Support in following up on internal or external related audit initiatives,
- Keep track of the internal, group and regulatory requirements related to privacy,
- Support the reporting towards the Data Protection Officer and the Management.
- Support the regular Data Protection Officer reporting requirements to highest management levels
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent by experience and GDPR certification (or readiness to obtain such a certification),
- You have an excellent knowledge of French or Dutch and English.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in the domain of data privacy and have actively contributed to GDPR implementation projects,
- An experience in the insurance industry is a plus,
- You have strong written, good communication and presentation skills and find it easy to establish contacts,
- You are critical, business-oriented and can quickly understand business issues and requirements,
- You are creative and solution oriented,
- You like working autonomously and yet also show team spirit,
- You can build trust and show integrity by being genuine, listening carefully and keeping promises,
- You can easily adapt in a changing environment,
- Experience with privacy related tools would be an asset,
- You have a good knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, V look ups, ….)
Viavera Recruitment is a company specialized in the selection and recruitment of (higher) educated candidates. We provide mostly permanent and sporadic temporary assignments with and for our customers. Our offices are strategically located in the major cities (Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Leuven and Zaventem). This allows us to appeal to both candidates and companies from a wider region. What differentiates us from most of the other recruitment agencies is that the candidate is our First “Point of Interest” The interview is a two-way street, which allows us to get a more profound view on the values, the personality, the expectations and the motivation of our candidate. The job offering is however not the end of the road, we also provide HR advice/services to our customers and career advice to our candidates.
- A permanent contract with an interesting salary package
- A pleasant working environment (trendy & modern workspaces) with flexible working hours and possibility to work from home.
- A workplace located in Brussels near the train station.
- A challenging position in a dynamic and healthy organization that emphasizes your development and learning process.