For an international company near the VUB in Brussels, we are looking for a Reinsurance Claims Officer.
The Finance Claims Team is responsible for reviewing, reporting and collecting reinsurance claims on behalf of the company.
This will involve:
- Understanding all of the processes involved in receiving and reporting claims.
- Communicating with the local claims offices and adjusters.
- Reviewing the reinsurance contracts, understanding the correct cessions.
- Reporting these accordingly.
Contact will be with both internal and external stakeholders from around the world, on many different types of claim.
The RC Officer will need to be able to review requests from external parties, and respond in the most appropriate fashion, in order to resolve any issues on the reinsurance claims.
- Higher degree in business related subjects preferred.
- Fluent in English (any additional European language is a plus).
- IT literate. Advanced Excel knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in a back office function or similar.
- Client focused with a proactive and constructive approach.
- Good communicative and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and risk aware.
Viavera Recruitment is a company specialized in the selection and recruitment of (higher) educated candidates. We provide mostly permanent and sporadic temporary assignments with and for our customers. Our offices are strategically located in the major cities (Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Leuven and Zaventem).
- International company.
- Easily accessible by public transport (near the VUB).
- Challenging and evolving tasks.
- Attractive salary with meal vouchers and transport costs.
- Excellent learning and networking opportunities.
- Longterm interim (min 6 months, can be prolonged).