energy sector – international company
As a Gas Operator you will work in the “Gas Operations” team, a young and dynamic team. The mission of this team is to deliver the gas trading and portfolio value, by scheduling and balancing all the natural gas flows throughout Europe.
You’ll be performing the following main tasks:
- Ensure the real-time balance of the gas portfolio within the relevant markets by taking corrective actions on an hourly or daily basis;
- Forecast the expected consumption of the customers such as industrial customers, gas fired power plants and distribution companies (resellers) within the portfolio;
- Closely follow and interpret all available information and data by means of various information and communication tools, within a timely manner (It’s a “real time” function);
- Timely inform Trading about such information and data;
- Take part in the 24hrs/7 days shift;
- Be a key representative of the company towards its partners, being a central contact point in the delivery of each commercial obligation (Supply, Sales, Trading, Logistics). Each transaction is validated and nominated by the Gas Operator.
- Take very frequent international contacts with gas suppliers, large-scale industrial clients, international trading parties and system operators across Europe
- You have at least a Bachelor degree (Economy, Accountancy, Informatics,…). Experience or knowledge of the energy market is a plus;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and French OR Dutch
- You ‘re available to work in a 24/7 shift pattern (early, late, night)
- You have an affinity with IT: you have good knowledge of the MS Office applications;
- You are proactive, flexible, result-oriented, accurate and stress resistant;
- You have a critical approach and you take the necessary initiatives;
- You are a good communicator (oral & written);
- You are a team player who has the necessary autonomy and discipline to correctly perform the job
Viavera Recruitment is a company specialized in the selection and recruitment of (higher) educated candidates. We provide mostly permanent and sporadic temporary assignments with and for our customers. Our offices are strategically located in the major cities (Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Leuven and Zaventem). This allows us to appeal to both candidates and companies from a wider region. What differentiates us from most of the other recruitment agencies is that the candidate is our First “Point of Interest” The interview is a two-way street, which allows us to get a more profound view on the values, the personality, the expectations and the motivation of our candidate. The job offering is however not the end of the road, we also provide HR advice/services to our customers and career advice to our candidates.
- a temp to perm contract
- a good accessibility by public transport (in the city center)
- being part of a young and dynamic team
- interesting salary package (with compensations for the shift work translated in extra holidays and salary)